Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
The CAO is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Diversity and inclusion are the drivers behind how we hire, cultivate high-performing leaders, and foster an environment in which our employees thrive. We embrace respect and appreciation of differing perspectives, approaches, life experiences, values, and beliefs. Our core values foster a cohesive and highly collaborative culture that provides the U.S. House of Representatives with the same level of exceptional service, regardless of political affiliation.
What Drives Us
Member Focused. Service Driven.
We serve the House community by providing administrative, technical, and operational solutions so Members can perform their Constitutional duties.
To be an essential resource for every Member of the People’s House through outstanding customer experiences delivered by exceptional employees.
Our culture is defined by respectful employees who work together to serve Members and staff by delivering superior solutions with integrity. Our core values shape our culture and create an inclusive, collaborative workplace that delivers exceptional services to the House.
- Service: We serve Members and staff through positive customer experiences in every interaction.
- Innovation: We proactively seek new ideas and deliver superior solutions that exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Integrity: We protect the House by doing the right thing for the right reasons.
- Teamwork: We foster unity and collaboration across the CAO and the House Community to deliver exceptional service.
- Respect: We recognize and embrace each of our individual strengths and contributions which make the CAO successful.
Who We Are
Established in 1995, the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) serves as an essential resource for the U.S. House of Representatives. We function as a non-partisan, non-legislative office that provides support services and business solutions to a community of 10,000 House Members, Officers, and staff. Our team of more than 700 employees is Member focused and service driven with a steadfast commitment to the values of Service, Innovation, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect.
As a non-partisan organization, we provide everyone with the same level of exemplary service and have a cohesive and highly collaborative culture, regardless of political affiliation.
Create Real Impact.
The work that each CAO employee does impacts the Members of Congress’s ability to perform their Constitutional duties in some shape or form.